Monday, August 18, 2014

LEGEND OF THE MYSTIC KNIGHTS is Now Available

The release of my novel happened on August 15th. It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. Sorry, I am a big Dr. Seuss fan.


So now that the release is done with, and the book selling begins, so let’s get it out of the way. LEGEND OF THE MYSTIC KNIGHTS is available for the Kindle on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MNKNI9U

Since my novel is now being sold, I thought it would be nice to share some passages and comment on what I had written about.

I enjoy combining fantasy with historical accuracy and fabricated revised history. What do I mean by fabricated revised history? Here is an example from my novel:

The monk began to speak fast on the topic of vampires. “Many great books have been written about these creatures; the physician Juan Gómez-Alonso’s recent writing examined the blood disease that causes vampirism. The knight Voltaire wrote an excellent book about how vampires not only lust for blood, but also for political power.”

My novel is set in an alternate time-line from our own. The past was altered over 1,000 years ago, so that in my novel what we consider history has been altered too, this is what I refer to as fabricated revised history.

Juan Gómez-Alonso, who is a modern-day doctor, theorized that the legend of vampirism may have been a result of people being having infected with rabies. In my new reality, physicians are not searching the similarities between fictitious vampires and rabies because vampires are a real threat. In the world of my novel, physicians, scientists and writers, all focus on researching and combating the evil creatures which plague the world.

I also mentioned Voltaire in the above excerpt from my book. In correct history, Voltaire was a satirical speaker who advocated for freedom of religion and separation of church and state. Going back to my previous statement about the alternative reality, Voltaire now concentrated on the political influence of vampires.

Here is another example:

The painting showed numerous werewolves in different positions. The center werewolf had its arms stretched wide inside several circles, which illustrated the height of the werewolf compared to its arm length.

“This is one of my favorite drawings; it is a reproduction of the one drawn by the legendary werewolf hunter, Leonardo Di Vinci. Please, when you have time, read about his inventions dealing with weaponry against the beast and his exploits as Italy’s most famous werewolf hunter.

Of course what I am describing above is a variation of Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man (also referred to as the Proportions of Man). This is one of the most famous drawings Da Vinci ever did concerning human size and proportions; in this case, it is now showing the proportions of the werewolf.

Again, Leonardo Da Vinci was influenced by an alternate history; he is still an inventor, but his inventions are associated with weapons designed to kill werewolves.

As you can tell from the above passages, the potential for numerous stories are opened up in my alternate time universe. In my upcoming sequels, you will read more about historical figures and how my alternate time-line adjusted their thinking and purpose in this new world. I also included some inside jokes about authors and movies in the book, so I hope you can spot them.

Next Time: We will head back to medieval times.

16 comments:

  1. Good luck with "Legend of The Mystic Knights", William! ope it becomes a best seller!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your novel is doing well. Waiting is the hard part. I wish you all the best and I have enjoyed reading your blog about Knights

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! And I just bought it for my Kindle! Looking forward to the read William. Best of everything to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your book release. I can imagine it was fun fabricating revised history. Good luck with sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very cool William that you have your book out there in the market place, congratulations. All the best to you. I imagine a great sense of pride is associated with a novel being out there. Congratulations Legend of the Mystic Knights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not normally a fantasy reader, but when I am it's along the lines of what you're doing with Legend of the Mystic Knights. Congrats on getting your book out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really hope for the best with your book. It can be a challenge but with your great knowledge and words, you should succeed! Don't forget about us when "Legend" is a big hit:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome new. I am now on my way to buy it. I've been trying to get back to a good read every now and then. Why not start with yours. Here's wishing you much success with your book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! Congrats on the novel - it's a huge accomplishment and I wish you all the success :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I hope your launch is very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I hope you are very successful. Time to breathe a sigh of relief.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations and how exciting!! Your book sounds intriguing and somewhat magical. I'm sure it will do well and invite a lot of dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi William; congrats on the book actually being published. I'm sure its very satisfying. thanks for sharing some of the ideas behind your writing style. this is a good way of generating interest in the book without actually pushing sales. best of luck, max

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that alternative timeline is really creative. It makes my head spin just thinking about it, and how you have to keep everything straight as the author. Congrats on the book coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A big thanks to everyone who has congratulated me, it is appreciated. I just hope that the readers of my novel will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your book release, William! I'm glad you're a Dr. Seuss fan because I especially like "Green Eggs and Ham!" The best thing about a historical novel is that it teaches while entertaining.

    ReplyDelete