Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Vermont Winter Renaissance Faire: Fun Inside



This past weekend (March 3), I attended the Vermont WinterRenaissance Faire, this faire is located at a new location: the ChamplainValley Exposition (105 Pearl St, Essex Junction, VT).  This venue was excellent, and had enough room for the faire to have several stages.

I attended this faire last year, and truly enjoyed myself.  This year was no different, and I had the opportunity to meet old friends, and make some new ones.  The promoters of the faire advised me that next year, there may be two days of this faire.  Check out the dates for next year, and make arrangements to attend.

The following are some of the acts, performers, and vendors I saw at this faire.  As usual, I try to include as many as I can, but it is impossible to see all of them.  I would encourage you to visit the VWRF website and check each of them out yourself.


Brotherhood of the Arrow and Sword- A great group of re-enactors who enjoy educating the public about the ways of the knight, and the people who lived during that time. Anyone who has read only a few of my medieval/renaissance faire posts know how highly I recommend them.  If they are anywhere near you, check them out.
Tintagels Gate- I always have to stop buy and say hello, and check out their merchandise. One of my favorite vendors at these faires.



L.I.A.R.S.-  (Ladies of Integrity Aristocracy, Repute, and Society) truly great group of lovely talented singers. These beautiful sirens will entice you with their angelic voices.





Made by Hand Leather- One of the few vendors that I always stop and say hello to. I was able to buy a pouch there at a very reasonable price. Check out his etsy page or visit him at a faire near you.


Smugglers Notch Distillery- creatator of award winning spirits. I have read they produce a Maple Bourbon, this might be something I need to try sometime.



Shire of Mountain Freehold (SCA)- A part of the larger Society for Creative Anachronism.  Any group of the SCA always put on a wonderful demonstration and are eager to inform the public about the functions of their group.


Band of Angels- Beautiful harp music, I first heard them last summer at the Vermont Renaissance Faire. I believe they are members of the local SCA noted above.




Kingdom Creamery-  No one can resist some milk based products, especially ice cream. You can also get some wonderful other products too, check them out.

 
 
 


O’h Anleigh- A group of musicians that play the music of Irish America.  This is truly a wonderful group that can sing.

 




Iron Grove Forge- Being inside, they were unable to demonstrate blacksmithing techniques, they were still able to see some of their wonderful products.




Maniac Mart- Some producers and sellers of some awesome masks.







Shelli Buttons-  Or as I like to call her, Cute as a Button Acrobat.  She is spectacular to watch.  I am always impressed with her act, and her performance on the aerial silk is very impressive.







Knightly Endeavors- Another vendor I enjoy speaking too. He has become a staple of many of the faires I attend.  He sells wonderful medieval/renaissance items at a competitive price.
 
 

Bluebird Barbecue- What is a faire without some great food.  One of the food vendors was Bluebird Barbecue and they sold some great turkey legs and BBQed food.


Drumming Beetle- Producers and sellers of some wonderful knitted and cloth items. Check them out and see some of their wonderful products.




Longshanks- A duo who tells stories and song on top of stilts.  Something not to be missed.


Adventure Awaits- Sellers of some great objects, including magical ones.  Their items include, soaps, bottles, ornaments and charms.



Silo Distillery- A producer of some great alcoholic drinks, from vodka to mead.






University of Vermont Celtic Cats- Dancers to Celtic Music.  Very entertaining, and they display an incredible amount of talent.


Knotty Stuff- Out of Morrisville, Vt. They make and sell clothing to celebrate their Irish and Scottish heritage.






Mooncat Clothing- Sellers of some great costumes for medieval/renaissance and cosplay.





Soap Kettle Creations- Sellers of some wonderful handmade soap.






There was a table promoting the Burlington Irish Heritage Festival

 


Vintage Photography Emporium- Using a green background, they can take you away to anywhere to get your photograph taken.





There were so many more, such as a table manned by Gypsy Rose


They also had a table where you could buy not only Winter Renaissance Faire items, but also merchandise for the Vermont Renaissance Faire.


I had a wonderful time at the Vermont Winter Renaissance Faire, I look forward to returning not only next year, but also the VermontRenaissance Faire which will be held on June 23 and 24. 


Many of you know I am a professional wrestler, and in this sport reputation is everything; it appears to be the same in the world of medieval/renaissance faires.  I have spoken to numerous entertainers and vendors; the Vermont Winter Renaissance Faire promoters have treated them with respect and they (vendors and entertainers) have nothing but high praise for these promoters.  I recommend that you make plans to visit the summer faire later this year, and also make your plans to attend next year’s winter faire.  Please, also check out the faire’s sponsors.

 

 

Side Note:  For those of you who have been following the progress of my novel, “Legend of the Mystic Knights”  I have some discouraging news.  My new publisher, Imminent Banter Publishing has informed me that they are no longer going to be an LLC, which means that they will not be publishing my novel.  This means I must start from scratch and a 1 ½ years of my life has passed.

If there is anyone out there, with information about a publisher or an agent who might be interested in handling my novel, I would be appreciative if you contact me.

I do not want my novel (and its sequels) to die and fade into history like those I write about in this blog. Thank you in advance.

 
Like what you are reading?  You can support a blogger simply by clicking an ad on their page!!!

W.A.Rusho is a professional wrestler, author and historian. You can contact him via his website or by email.

6 comments:

  1. Drat about the publisher, William. I wish you good luck finding the right place.
    I get a kick out of what L.I.A.R.S stands for--that kind of humor always appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a lot going on at that faire. I wonder if visitors are able to make their way around all the stalls/activities in one day. I expect it is easier if there is less of a crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating to learn that Vermont not only has its regular Vermont Renaissance Faire, but also a winter version! Some regions are obviously much more into the Renaissance period than others. Would love to visit there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the many attractions of the faire. Renaissance, i.e. rebirth, is an interesting concept. If we apply it to the world today we are seeing a rebirth of authoritarianism, dictatorship and racism. Fascism is on the rise and we would be better off today without the current renaissance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing variety of vendors and activities, it looks like a lot of love goes into producing the faire. Glad you had fun again this year.

    So sorry to hear about your publisher, what a drag. If I come across anything I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nice comments and always a pleasure to see you stop by my booth. See you in the next few months at the faires this year. Your followers are encouraged to check out my full website, www.madebyhandleather.com, as well as like Made By Hand Leather on facebook to follow where I'll be and what faires are upcoming. See you soon. -Caleb Hand

    ReplyDelete