Monday, March 23, 2015

Free Kindle Book and Meet Me in Person

I am taking a small break from my current series of blogs about creating illustrations and making movies. This is because of some big news, which has arisen this past week.


First, until March 25 my novel, Legend of the Mystic Knights, is free for the Kindle. My publisher, Safkhet Publishing has decided to have a “Spring Cleaning”, this means many of the Kindle books put out by them is now Free.  Make sure to check out all the other books there by some great authors.  

Giving a copy of your book for free is a way to generate interest in your work. Most novels must go through a process of building a readership. When this readership gets to a certain point, then word of mouth and reviews help promote the sales of that book. This process can take a very long time, but giving the book away for a period of time shortens the time it takes to build up that readership.

The other big news is I will be appearing at the Upstate Comic Con, in Ogdensburg, NY on Friday March 27. This will be the first time as an author that I will be meeting with my readers. For more information about the Upstate Comic Con, check out the sponsors of this event on their Facebook page or this article.


As many of you know already, I was a pro-wrestler. I have done numerous appearances and meet and greets, but those were always as an alter ego WAR. This will be the first time I appear as myself for such an occasion. I am excited about going to this event, but also apprehensive about this going well.


This event is unique for me, in that I will not at least be going cold turkey as a wrestler. In conjunction of me appearing as an author, I also will be selling tee-shirts to benefit the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame. . I use to wrestle a lot in the area where the event is located, so this will allow me not to go totally without some influence from wrestling at this event. I look forward to seeing some of my fans from my wrestling days up there.

If you are live near Ogdensburg, NY, I hope to see you at the Upstate Comic Con.

Next time: We go back to the movie making.



15 comments:

  1. William,
    You may find it difficult to leave your wrestling alter ego completely. Years ago a well-known wrestler here in S. Florida came to my workplace looking for a friend. He and I could barely have a conversation without people asking him questions related to wrestling. Many don't understand that wrestling is a job, and there is life outside the ring. I wish you the best in your writing endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the free book! And congratulations on going to Comic con. What a great place to meet your readers, though I can imagine it would also be a little nerve wracking. But I'm sure once you're there you'll have a great time. And hopefully you'll blog about the experience too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A free book and your first ComicCon! Congrats :) I'm with A.K. in that I would be very interested to read about your experience there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the event goes well William. I'm sure you will provide a unique presence as an author and wrestler. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations William. What a year you've had and all well deserved. I hope you not only have a great turnout at the Upstate Comic Con but that your initial apprehension will be replaced by having fun shortly after you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Passed your link to my nephew - he is into your kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the production of your kindle book and thank you for the free copy. I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea to give away Kindle books for free as promotion. That usually works.Will not take you up on the offer though because I read harback and paperback books:-) Congratulations to your first ComicCon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. Upstate Comic Con should be a fun and interesting experience. Like some of your other readers, I look forward to hearing about the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your appearance! It makes a huge difference when you can interact with your readers, and I'm sure you'll have a blast. Giving away your book is totally inspired, and you're bound to have a lot of takers. Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congrats on Comic Con! That sounds like a double big deal. I can't wait to hear about it! Heading over to check out your book now...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun at Upstate Comic Con. We used to have a log home in upstate NY so I decided to see where Ogdensburg is located. Waaaay upstate on the Canadian border. Bring a heavy coat because it will still be cold there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Williams
    Nice to hear about your appearance, all the best and it is great to know that kindle copy is free.... I will also try to get it some day soon... God Willing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your comic con invite. I know you will have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your books being able to find a new audience by being given away for free. I had a Kindle unlimited membership for a while and I really feel in love with some authors that I would have never known about otherwise.

    Good luck at Comic Con. I was born in Upstate NY but have never been to Ogdensburg.

    ReplyDelete